FIFTH INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE
ON PROBABILITY and STATISTICS
June 5 - 9, 2006
Smolenice Castle, Slovak Republic
The organizers would like to thank all the participants of the PROBASTAT 2006 for the valuable scientific contrinutions. We would like to invite you to the PROBASTAT 2010!
The Final Program and the Book of Abstracts are available here as printable PDF files. Here is also the List of the Participants of PROBASTAT 2006. And here you will find some pictures from Smolenice Castle
The Proceedings of PROBASTAT 2006
The papers presented at PROBASTAT 2006 can be published in the proceedings printed as a volume of Tatra Mountains Mathematical Publications. We expect that the Proceedings will be published during the year 2007. The manuscripts should pass a usual refereeing procedure.
To submit a paper for the proceedings, two copies or an electronic PDF file of the manuscript should be addressed to
Tatra Mountains Mathematical Publications
Slovak Academy of Sciences
SK-81473 Bratislava, Slovak Republic
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org with copy to email@example.com.
The length of each manuscript should not exceed 14 pages (each approx. 40 lines/80 letters) for an invited paper, and 8 pages for a contributed paper. All papers are refereed.
Volume of Tatra Mountains Mathematical Publications are prepared by LaTEX, using its own tatra.cls style, (here is the tatra.cls style with some examples). Figures in the article should be either prepared with a TEX package or included as EPS files.
- Mathematical Institute of the Slovak Academy of Sciences, Bratislava
- Faculty of Mathematics, Physics and Informatics of the Comenius University, Bratislava
- Institute of Measurement Science of the Slovak Academy of Sciences, Bratislava
In cooperation with:
- the Union of Slovak Mathematicians and Physicists.
SCIENTIFIC PROGRAM COMMITTEE
- M. Huková (Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic)
- I. Mizera (University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada)
- W. Müller (University of Economics and B.A., Vienna, Austria)
- A. Pázman (Comenius University, Bratislava, Slovakia)
- B. Pötscher (University of Vienna, Austria)
- J. Volaufová (Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, USA)
The organizing committee of the conference is represented by G. Wimmer (chair) and V. Witkovský (correspondence with participants), both from the Slovak Academy of Sciences, Bratislava.
The 5th International Conference on Probability and Statistics, PROBASTAT 2006, will be held at Smolenice Castle, Slovakia, from June 5 - 9, 2006.
Smolenice is a village in the west part of Slovakia, located about 60 km from the capital city Bratislava in north-east direction. The Smolenice Castle, surrounded by a beutiful park, is towering above the village of Smolenice in the eastern foothills of Male Karpaty (Small Carpatians). The castle was preceded by a stronghold watching the Czech Road, and it was destroyed and abandoned in late 18th century. From this medieval stronghold only a part of the outside rampart with a cannon bastion is preserved. Renovation of the castle in Romantic style, started in late 19th century, was finished in 1955. The castle is used to shelter both recreation and work (conferences, workshops, seminars, etc.).
The conference sessions will cover the following areas:
- Regression and Mixed Models (Chairs: M. Huková and J. Volaufová)
- Experimental Design (Chairs: W. Müller and A. Pázman)
- Time Series (Chair: B. Pötscher )
- Statistical Learning (Chair: I. Mizera)
There will be invited talks per each Session.
Contributed talks and/or posters that fits the above mentioned areas are welcomed.
PROBASTAT 2006 is organized in cooperation with a partner conference: The 15th International Workshop on Matrices and Statistics, IWMS-2006, June 13 - 17, 2006, Uppsala, Sweden. For more details on IWMS-2006 see the web page: http://www.bt.slu.se/iwms2006/iwms06.html.
The length of an invited talk is up to 40 minutes. The following scientists have already confirmed their participation:
- David A. Harville (U.S.A.)
- Lubomir Kubacek (Czech Republic)
- Lynn R. LaMotte (U.S.A.)
- Prabal Chaudhuri (India)
- Jesus Lopez Fidalgo (Spain)
- William J. Welch (Canada)
- Marc Genton (U.S.A.)
- Marco Lippi (Italy)
- Sara van de Geer (Switzerland)
- Wenxin Jiang (USA)
Institute of Measurement Science
Slovak Academy of Sciences
Dubravska cesta 9
841 04 BRATISLAVA
Tel: +421 2 59104530 (office)
Tel: +421 905 223191 (mobile phone)
Fax: +421 2 54775943